Monday, March 7, 2011

40 Day Challenge - Day "6" - "Put off" disobedience, "Put on" obedience

Let me apologize now for the "lateness" of this post.  My intention is to do most of my posts over this 40 day challenge in the mornings when my mind is fresh and when I've devoted time to studying God's Word and discerning what He would want me to write.  Unfortunately, the snooze button won out this morning (I must say I'm a little disappointed with "modern day" snooze buttons, they only give you a 5 minute delay - not the customary 9 minutes).  Anyway, here I am at the end of the day...with my mind spent from hours in front of a computer at work....and well, this post will be brief.  The "put off" for today is disobedience and the "put on" is obedience.  This is self explanatory....my pastor always says, "Blessings follow obedience"....God longs for our obedience.  The blessings that will follow our obedience are not the blessings falsely portrayed by the "properity preachers" seen on television.  The blessings we will inherit from God will be much more important than any material wealth or success....it will be the blessing of standing before an Almighty God and hearing Him say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant".  I think the majority of us see disobedience as a severe insult against God and not the more subtle forms of disobedience....we are disobedient when we neglect to do anything, no matter how great or how small, that we know the Lord has placed upon our heart to do.

O.K., so I am closing for tonight....the scripture references for today are 1 Sam. 12:15 and Deut 11:27....

Questions to ponder:  Are there any areas of my life in which I am being disobedient to God?

    Now, go forth and "flesh it out".....

2 comments:

Mr. Combs said...

Thank you for your blog, mom. I love you. I have enjoyed the forty day challenge. ::)

Mr. Combs said...

Thanks for posting the Forty-Day Challenge, mom. I love you! ::)