Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"Who I Am Instead" (my testimony)

God had his hand of protection on me long before I had my heart on him. I don't think I was aware of this fact until I gave my heart to Him at age 35....then truth flooded in. It became evident to me why I had read His Word pre-salvation without understanding. When I look back at my life before God, it's clear why I suffered so many insecurities, I was not aware of who I am thru Jesus Christ. Today the word "legacy" echoes over and over. I want to live a legacy of loving God....I want my epitah to read, "She loved the Lord". I don't say all of this to sound over zealous or boastful....all credit belongs to God...it's just that I'm both in awe and sometimes overwelmed at what God has done and will do for someone like me! I know where I came from....and I'm not necessarily referring to lineage, but more....my own bad choices. When I question how evil people can live like they do, I often find a finger pointing back at me saying, "You did!"

Psalm 40:1-3 says, "I waited patienty for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay and He set my feet upon a rock, making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord."

This Psalm tells of my journey to a relationship with Jesus...well almost....I didn't wait patiently on the Lord BUT Praise God...He waited patiently on me!

Perhaps you are in your own pit of destruction, your bogged down in the miry clay...the deep mud....it's weighing you down and your sinking fast. You keep reaching for the sides of the pit but once you are able to grasp it, the sides cave in and you sink down a little further. My prayer for you is this: That you'll allow God to pick you up out of that pit, that He'll sit you on solid ground - a foundation that can't be shaken...and last but not least that He'll put a new song in your heart, one that you'll gladly share....

Thus begins my song.....

2 comments:

debseveryday said...

Sue--I'm so thankful you posted your testimony. It has blessed me to read it again and again. Being raised out of that miry clay is life-changing. I love you-Deb

Dina (Aka The Baby) said...

I really enjoyed reading your testimony Aunt Sue, it was very uplifting. I admire you for having the courage to writing your testimony. I wish I could write my Christian testimony that good, I have always had trouble writing mine. (I never really knew what to write)
Love you Aunt Sue *HUGS*