Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Yep....finally a "Sue can do" project

Sometime in the last 6 months I fell in love.  Not with a person but with a website called "Pinterest".  Many of you are familiar with this website but for those of you that are not, it is a website that consist of "pinboards", you express your interest, hobbies, etc. and all people in the "Pinterest" world create "pins" which are various places of information that you can pin to your boards.  The sky is the limit.  You will think you can do or make anything.  I find that most of the time, I "pin" away in hopes of that "rainy day" where I can get around to doing and making all of the projects.  One of my boards is called a "Sue can do" board.  I am not the most "crafty" person.  I am known as the "tacky decorator" and I get it honest from my mother.  Many wonder why I have no pictures on the walls, curtains on the windows, or other decorative items in my home, it's because I don't have a clue how.  I just don't have the knack for decorating.  Anyhoo (as my friend Deb would say), today I found a true "Sue can do".  Many of you made your first flag cake in elementary school.  I am almost a half century old and today I made my first....thought it turned out "cute".  Please don't count the stars and stripes (after all, it's the thought that counts").  Happy Independence Day!

No comments: