Sunday, March 14, 2010

For the Sake of Christ....

I was tempted to compromise my witness a couple of days ago and speak out of anger to someone (had I done so, I probably would have compromised my job as well). We have one physician on our unit who has always been an absolute tyrant and prides himself in being so. A couple of days ago on our unit, I allowed him to push my buttons. It was a very uncomfortable place to be because it all occurred in front of a patient. My eyes teared up and for a second I could have wept. When I went to bed that night I prayed for the great physician to give that physician a heart transplant (spiritually speaking of course). I also prayed for God to help me handle such situations His way, and not my way. The next morning as I was doing my Bible study this scripture was part of my study: "For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong". How I needed to hear those words and be reminded that it's all for the sake of Christ that we endure the things of this world. I needed to be reminded that I am weak, but He (Jesus Christ) is strong. Thank you Lord for this simple, yet profound reminder!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh Sue, I love this post. What a testimony that you (Christ in you) allowed you to not react. Our pastor once said as Christians we are to act...not react in the things of this world. Great post!

LisaShaw said...

Dear friend, I've lived and walked many examples such as you gave where I had to lean on the Word and not totally blow my witness. Sadly, early on that wasn't always the choice I took when others hurt or attempted to manipulate me.

I'm thankful for the leadership of Christ and the counsel of the Holy Spirit.

I love you dear friend.