Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Days 4 thru 6 on BHRT (Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!)

On Day 4, vaguely remembering some hot flashes...maybe a time or two through the night! My first thought was, "Yeah! This stuff is working faster than expected!" Also woke up feeling more rested (duh? sleep does that for you). Had a great day (Sunday), great fellowship at church with my great big church family and then on to a family gathering (that's an entirely separate post). Then Day 5....that is where I was tempted to "throw the baby out with the bathwater". I woke up every hour on the hour with "blood boiling" hot flashes. That is about all I will say about that. No need to launch a major complaint, just prayed much for patience. Day 6...Yahoo! Didn't have a hot flash until 5:30 this morning. I am so stinkin' happy right now. Got some good solid sleep. It may have helped that I changed my sheets yesterday (from flannel to cotton). Next step, pajamas made with wicking (as suggested by Anita...). Onward with the journey and thankful for answered prayer. (To God be the glory!)

2 comments:

Chris said...

I am enjoying your blog so much. I wish the meds were working much faster than they are. I had no hot flashes by the third day. I look forward to the day you have no hot flashes and sleep all night. You'll feel like a new person.

Chris

Barbara said...

I need to hear about the whole thing.....it sounds interesting. Hope the hot flashes disappear completely soon!