Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 2 & 3 on BHRT (Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy)

On day 2, I had a very productive day and worked from daylight to dark on "to do's". By 9:45 p.m., I was zapped and sleep came easy. I only woke up once or twice with my friend "Hot flash". I went online and downloaded a coupon for one component of the BHRT. A lady demonstrated how to properly use the transdermal mist. She looked wide eyed and a bit unstable to me. I told Mike if I begin to look like her and I'm unaware for him to tell me so that I can come off the medicine quickly. Then today (day 3) I woke up several times throughout the night with my friend "hot flash", but they didn't seem to last as long. Chapter 3 in the book, "From Belly Fat to Belly Flat" focused on eating foods that balanced your hormones. Coffee was not on the list! As a matter of fact caffeine increased estrogen dominance. This rocked my world. I so love a good cup of coffee and in cooler weather it is not uncommon for me to ingest 2-4 cups a day. Other foods that cause estrogen dominance and upset the hormone balance are: Foods high in saturated fat, simple carbs (all white foods = bread, sugar, flour, potatoes, rice), alcohol, and phytoestrogens (soy products if not eaten in moderation). The journey into hormone balance continues. May your day be blessed!

1 comment:

Seann said...

This is scary. I'm glad I gave up coffee and sodas. I love you and hope this works well for you (aka, doesn't make you wide-eyed).