Monday, February 23, 2009

Attributes of God - His Omniscience (part I)

I have been studying the attributes of God (or perfections of God)....As I poured through these, my favorite was this one...God is omniscient! Omniscience means that God knows everything, things actual and possible, effortlessly and equally well. There was a time as a non-believer that I cringed when I thought about this....just knowing that I had taken God places that I shouldn't have and that He knew things, that in my eyes made me so unlovable! BUT as a believer, what a blessing it is to know that we don't have to worry about tomorrow. God knows all things....He knows what will happen, He knows what might have happened. Nothing in my life (or yours if you are a believer) will come to light and surprise God and cause Him to cast me out. At present I have been reading excerpts from a book called "Basic Theology", it talks about things that I can't wrap my mind around on most days but this particular quote from that book made perfect sense to me and made me want to shout! "No talebearer can inform on us; no enemy can make an accusation stick; no forgotten skeleton can come tumbling out of some hidden closet to abash us and expose our past; no unsuspected weakness in our characters can come to light to turn God away from us, since He knew us utterly before we knew Him and called us to Himself in the full knowledge of everything that was against us." WOW...I don't know about you but I view that as some heavy stuff!
Knowing this character of God should make us even more sensitive to His warnings and sober us up when we consider that we all will stand before an all-knowing God!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I am speechless! THIS is GOOD stuff Sue!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog Sue, and thanks for following Surrender40. You are a true blessing to His Kingdom!

Be Richly Blessed,

Steve & Trachena Muchnick