Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Smile....God is still God!

As my head hit the pillow last night, my heart was burdened for our country. I think my sister Janice said it best when she said, "I've never seen Americans work so hard to give America away". I won't elaborate on the presidential race. I'm not even sure why I was surprised. For weeks now when discussing the election among christian friends, we have agreed...."We might just have to go there", referring to having a man in office that doesn't believe in Jesus and has deep Muslim roots. There is a scripture that has echoed over and over in my head over the past several months now...Deuteronomy 29:29 says "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." God is no less God today then He was yesterday! He knows the secret things, He sees the big picture, He has the "AHA" moment in His hands....and He has given us His word so that we may know the things revealed. So, where do we go from here? Trusting our God, meditating on His word, and praying for President Obama, that he may know Him as we do. Isaiah 59:1-2 says, "Indeed, the Lord's hand is not too short to save and His ear is not too deaf to hear. But your iniquities have built barriers between you and your God, and your sins have made Him hide His face from you so that He does not listen".

No comments: