Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Quandary....

It's that time of year again, where my hospital sends around a flyer announcing that they are going to host a cohort through a local university to help nurses further their education in hopes of furthering their career. My quandary is always this, as an aging nurse, I know that I can't continue this staff nurse job that I have now forever therefore, I should be attempting to further my education in hopes of a nice cushy desk job or at least a sedentary job one day....but on the other hand staff nursing is all that I'm passionate about, and what I am most passionate about does not involve nursing at all but instead serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to serve....The world can make you feel so inadequate and make you feel so guilty that you don't want to further your education. This is hard for me because I truly love to learn and hope I will love to learn the rest of my life. That said, I am giving this "quandary" to God and seeking His will.....

No comments: