Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Accountability and Overhaul Needed" (Apply within)


I had to write this...even at the risk of embarrassing myself! This is a picture of me today....in all my splendor and I am utterly disgusted. I weigh more now then I did when I gave birth to my children. I was the picture of health 5 years ago, then WHAM!!! Five years later, here I am. I am reminded of Paul in Romans 7:18-19 " ...For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do, no, the evil I do not want to do- This I keep on doing." With all the knowledge I have in nutrition, I could have been a licensed nutritionist by now! Anyway, every Monday I start "Weight Watchers" and by Wednesday I'm enrolled in "Weight Gainers". I was discussing this with my friend Dana and told her how disgusted I was. She then told me, "I have an idea, we can weigh in together on Monday's and hold each other accountable", then she added, "But, you have to promise not to tell anyone my weight." I chuckled to myself sarcastically - "Me, tell someone how much you weigh? Yeah, a few pounds less and you would be a runway model, a few pounds more for me and I could travel the world with the circus because I would then be as wide as I am tall"...(chuckle, chuckle)...So, here I am, starting yet another journey and inviting you to come along as I journal over the next several months of my perils as a "Weight Watching Fool" (see future blogs titled "Journey of a Weight Watching Fool - New beginnings")

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

I had all "good intentions" to start again today...but I found myself putting McDonalds in my mouth at lunhtime, once again!!! I'm not gonna wait until next Monday, I'm gonna start again tomorrow...thanks for the inspiration...I love you